![]() |
| What week is it? |
Sunday, June 7, 2009
I have no idea what week it is...
So, people. We're on summer "vacation" (academic families always put that in scare quotes... indicating 'it's not meant to be taken literally' ~ Wikipedia or Monty Python. Take your pick). The long delay in posting seems inexcusable! Well, let me explain. Summer is a time for all those things a dog can't even think about when he's helping his family during term: organizing the toy basket, reburying the bones people have given me that I've promptly buried in the backyard, breaking up fights between Francis and the EVIL black cat next door, keeping my voice in fine form for neighborhood 3am concerts, making sure none of my beds feel neglected (which means sleeping in EACH one for an equivalent time each day), getting back into a 3-walks a day routine plus weekly trips to the dog park, and - most important - making sure Thomas is constantly entertained, comfortable, and safe. One of these days he'll figure out what the world can really be like (you won't always have the best dog in the world by your side - sometimes you have to settle for a... gulp... adequate cat), but until then... back to work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey, Jasper: I've been seriously considering compiling an edition of things put in quotes - "vacation," etc. If I find a publisher, I'll give you an acknowledgment!
Post a Comment