So, without further ado, lets start with Halloween. Now this is one of my favorite holidays, what with the expectation that my people will take me out late at night, let me dress up in my best tuxedo (or any other fetching outfit, if I choose), and do tricks in anyone's yard. WEEELLLL, not this dog, not this year! What's the problem, you ask? It turns out that my people are all thumbs when it comes to making a simple costume. Come on you guys, it don't take no advanced degrees... just a little common sense. But that seems to be lacking around here. In short, I suggested that Thomas and I could go trick-or-treating as a sheep-dog duo. Pretty brilliant, huh? After explaining to them that I could take care of my own outfit, if they would fix a sheep outfit for Thomas, I lay down on the couch and began dreaming of all the fun we would have.
A few days later I awoke and wandered into the kitchen to check on developments... WEEELLLL (can you tell I'm a little grumpy?), even with their thumbs and (purportedly) large brains, my human handlers screwed up this simple little assignment. My poor Thomas was being bent and smushed into something that resembled a full-body cast with cotton ball decoupage. My keen sense of "sheepness" convinced me that not even the dullest human would be fooled by this "costume." Alas, my dreams of a Halloween rampage through the gardens of North Tacoma came crashing down in an instant, but in keeping with the spirit of the day, Thomas and I were tortured with some picture-taking to document this first (and hopefully last) costume disaster.
So, without further ado, you may proceed to the photo-essay portion of my first holiday blog...
![]() |
| Halloween |

No comments:
Post a Comment