Hello all my dear friends,
 |
| Yes, that's me on the far right, showing y'all how it's done |
Another year (or 7) has suddenly flown by since I last put paw to keyboard. Since you are undoubtedly wondering if that is easy, NO. And it doesn't get easier as my paws get older!! But I already digress. My purpose here is to wish you all happy holidays, and to relate how Thomas spent his year. In short, it has been a good year. Squirrels fear to tread on my lawn; haven't seen raccoons for ages; and those pesky deer only get into my yard when I'm gone (but yes, that still bothers me). Since I'm an honest dog, I should report that a neighbor cat continues to cross my space with regularity. I do my best to kill that damn beast scare it off, and Francis (our cat) has risked his very life defending our space, but we still have work to do. I suppose that's a good thing. Little does Thomas realize what we have to do to keep his life peaceful and happy.
 |
| Thomas swinging with friends at school... this is where a good dog is needed! |
Ah, right, you'd rather read more about Thomas. OK, so lets see.... the year started on January 1. I suppose he woke up and had strawberry yogurt (Trader Joe's, Strawberries & Cream) while watching an episode or two of Curious George. That pretty much gets us to December 31 (except that somewhere in the year he added Mighty Machines... I'm sure you all know these classic programs, so I won't bore you with details). After yogurt, he proceeds to destroy the house. At first this was funny. Then it became bothersome, as it disturbed my sleep. So, thankfully, his parents somehow convinced other people to take the child for a few hours in the morning. I've seen the place he is sent, and it looks chaotic! There is a large herd of these small children running around without so much as a shitzu to impose a degree of order upon them. Oh yes, there are adults supervising, and (to make matters worse) a lone cat. Yet, Thomas does seem to enjoy it all. But since I get to see this school when I drop-off and pick-up Thomas, I do worry about the lack of a canine presence in his morning routine. Oh well, I can't be everywhere at once, at least not when I'm sleeping on my couch!
 |
| Funny faces are endlessly funny, no? |
As for non-routine events, I was largely left out. But I heard that Thomas spent a number of days celebrating his Omi and Papa's 50th wedding anniversary. Cousins, uncles and aunts, and the honored couple, gathered on the Washington coast in mid-June for a fun three-day celebration. Soon after that, Thomas and his parents took a short vacation road-trip into Oregon in search of swimming holes. Again, don't ask me why I wasn't included, as I'm the best swimmer (and passenger) in the family! As for work, I do most of the important stuff. However, one book was completed. I think the title is
Ordering Life: Jasper and the Challenges of Living with Non-Dogs (University of Border Collie, 2012). Another book has begun, with a working title of
The Ordered Life: Jasper Unleashed (Forthcoming, NonRamdom House). I will have more to say on that in later posts. And finally, other news of the year includes the astonishing fact that two Adirondack chairs were completed. You might see a picture of one in the accompanying photo-journal (and you might, as I do, wonder why this is newsworthy. I suppose a bit of mystery at the Christmas season is appropriate). I don't find them very comfortable, and I certainly wouldn't have taken three years to complete them... but I'm just the messenger, and that's the news from my herd.
 |
| Again, yes, that's me on the couch. The other day, when my family abandoned me at home, I toppled that sorry old tree and feasted upon the chocolate goodies! He he he!! Now those foolish (but teachable) people don't leave me at home when they go on their trips anymore. |
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Jasper & family
Here are more photos, for those who don't know when to stop:
No comments:
Post a Comment